Storm, Water & Flood experts, PRS is qualified and experienced at handling any of your property needs.
Water can be one of the most destructive forces of nature.
Eye of the Storm to Hit Monterey, Santa Cruz County
Monterey, CA – With heavy rains hitting the Monterey and Santa Cruz County this weekend, residents are urged to prepare their properties for damage.
Unlike the past storm events that brought heavy rain and wind, we are gearing up for a storm filled with heavy rains and low temperatures. These low temperatures add an element of damage different from past storms including the risk for frozen pipes and black ice.
“We urge residents to be safe and stay home this weekend as much as possible,” said Nicole Petitt, Communications Manager for Property Restoration Services. “Not only will roads be flooding but rivers and reservoirs will be monitored for possible flooding. In addition, the ability to catch any damage the storm may have on your property will limit the overall damage potential.”
Below are a few tips to keep your property safe during heavy rains:
- Clear debris from all gutters: Clearing your roof gutters, street gutters and downspouts is key to allowing the water to flow away from your property.
- Check the tree’s within impact distance of your home: Considering the dry year we have had, the ground is not capable of absorbing large amount of water in a short period of time. This can sometimes create an environment for tree roots to be weakened creating a potential fallen tree.
- Maintain your sump pump: If your property has a sump pump, this would be the time to make sure it is functioning properly and all lines are cleared.
- Insulate: Take a walk around your property and identify where your pipes are located. Make sure to check under the crawlspace for exposed pipes and outdoor pipes. Make sure they are insulated or add a “sleeve” for insulation.
As the premier restoration contractor for water, storm and flood damage, PRS continues to serve the Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties and was recently awarded the Business Excellence Award for “Services to Residents” by the Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce.
As the IICRC states, “More than just removing excess water, IICRC-certified restorers have the knowledge and equipment to further dry a home or facility (including substructure materials) completely back to pre-loss conditions. Through timely response and the careful monitoring of water damage, mold and other health issues can be prevented. If water damage has been present too long, mold will occur.”
- About Us
- Carpet Cleaning
- Construction & Services
- Public Works
- Thank you – water damage
- Thank You!
- Water damage
- River Fire Update August 17, 2020
- Sharing some local love for the restaurant industry May 6, 2020
- Mandatory Face Covering Ordered for Monterey County April 29, 2020
- Serving San Luis Obispo County May 29, 2018
- PRS for all your property Disasters and Dreams April 30, 2018
Proudly Serving California & Texas
PRS Restore, Repair, Remodel and Construction services is available throughout California & Texas. As a Disabled Veteran Owned Business, PRS offers restoration, repair, remodel and Construction services to residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural industries. Contact us today at 831.375.4777 or 713.906.0909.