Experts at restoration after any disaster, our technicians can handle all types of water damage, water restoration and dryout services.
Water can be one of the most destructive forces of nature.
As a business owner, it’s critical to have steps in place for disasters of all kinds, including the unexpected. You never know when a disaster will strike, but you can be prepared. In the case of a water main break that could potentially shut your operations down, understanding how to quickly recover is key.
We have seen this happen in our area on multiple occasions including the most recent water main break on Abrego Street in Monterey.
As reported by KSBW:
“A major Monterey intersection has re-opened following an early morning water main break.
Monterey Fire Department said a break in an 8-inch water main occurred on the 800 block of Abrego Street, and caused the closing of the intersection of Abrego, Fremont Street, and Munras Avenue just before 6am.
The break caused roadway flooding, and led to the closure of the major intersection for nearly two hours.
Public Works crews stopped the water flow, and cleared the intersection for traffic just before 8am, but are still working on the pipe repair.”
Here are a few suggestions to think about:
- Do you have business interruption insurance? This type of insurance provides funds for loss of revenue as a result of a forced shutdown.
- Do you have a backup plan for operations like an offsite location you could potentially work from, access to important documents (accounting software, remote access to your server).
- Have a plan in place to stop further damage. If you encounter a flood or water damage, it is imperative to stop further damage from affecting you property. In essence, this means taking appropriate action (i.e. contacting Property Restoration Services or your on-site crew to stop any further damage to your structure/property).
- Document. Take pictures or video the damage for your records. At PRS, we diligently document all properties we perform work on to ensure property recording of damage for our clients.
It is also important to understand the type of water damage you have encountered. As shown below, there are three types of water categories as described by the IICRC:
As the IICRC states, “More than just removing excess water, IICRC-certified restorers have the knowledge and equipment to further dry a home or facility (including substructure materials) completely back to pre-loss conditions. Through timely response and the careful monitoring of water damage, mold and other health issues can be prevented. If water damage has been present too long, mold will occur.”
What if you need us?
We are here to help you. It’s that simple. Just contact us at 831.375.4777 and let us be your advocate in getting your property back together. Our team is available 24-hours daily for all you property needs and questions.
Locations we service: Monterey, Salinas, Pebble Beach, Carmel, Carmel-by-th-Sea, Carmel Valley, Greenfield, Soledad, Gonzales, King City, Chualar, Watsonville, Aptos, Santa Cruz, Castroville, Prunedale, Aromas, Hollister, Tres Pinos and more.
Want to connect?
See What others have to say about our 5-star team…
- About Us
- Carpet Cleaning
- Construction & Services
- Public Works
- Thank you – water damage
- Thank You!
- Water damage
- River Fire Update August 17, 2020
- Sharing some local love for the restaurant industry May 6, 2020
- Mandatory Face Covering Ordered for Monterey County April 29, 2020
- Serving San Luis Obispo County May 29, 2018
- PRS for all your property Disasters and Dreams April 30, 2018
Proudly Serving California & Texas
PRS Restore, Repair, Remodel and Construction services is available throughout California & Texas. As a Disabled Veteran Owned Business, PRS offers restoration, repair, remodel and Construction services to residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural industries. Contact us today at 831.375.4777 or 713.906.0909.