We offer complete dryout services and area deodorizing after any category of water loss.
Call 831-375-4777 for Immediate Assistance
There are 3 Levels (Classifications) Water Damage
24/7 Emergency Response
How Moisture Feeds Mold
“Molds are fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors. No one knows how many species of fungi exist but estimates range from tens of thousands to perhaps three hundred thousand or more. Molds grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions, and spread and reproduce by making spores. Mold spores can survive harsh environmental conditions, such as dry conditions, that do not support normal mold growth.” (Source http://www.cdc.gov/mold/faqs.htm)
After a water loss or flood, it is imperative to dryout the property correctly and completely.
Mold can begin to colonize and grow within 24-48 hours of the initial water exposure.
For this reason, it is important to initiate proper dryout procedures quickly after a water loss. By acting fast, you decrease the opportunity for mold growth. If you have mold, contact PRS to evaluate the property and offer solutions which include remediation and, more importantly, locating the source of moisture (moisture feeds mold) to stop any further mold growth in the future. By locating the source of the moisture, we can diagnose why you may have a mold issue and how to prevent it from occurring again.
Quick Links from the CDC for your reference:
- What are molds?
- What are some of the common indoor molds?
- How do molds affect people?
- Where are molds found?
- How can people decrease mold exposure?
- What areas have high mold exposures?
- I found mold growing in my home, how do I test the mold?
- A qualified environmental lab took samples of the mold in my home and gave me the results. Can CDC interpret these results?
- What type of doctor should I see concerning mold exposure?
- My landlord or builder will not take any responsibility for cleaning up the mold in my home. Where can I go for help?
- I’m sure that mold in my workplace is making me sick.
- I am very concerned about mold in my children’s school and how it affects their health.
- Basic facts in additional languages.
As the IICRC states, “More than just removing excess water, IICRC-certified restorers have the knowledge and equipment to further dry a home or facility (including substructure materials) completely back to pre-loss conditions. Through timely response and the careful monitoring of water damage, mold and other health issues can be prevented. If water damage has been present too long, mold will occur.”
Quick Tip: Leave cleaned structural surfaces exposed to fresh air movement for several days or even weeks, or until you are sure that they have returned to within four percentage points of normal moisture content (MC) levels (generally the normal MC of structural wood is around 10%). Otherwise, subsequent structural damage and/or health effects may result after wall and flooring materials have been replaced or painted. Professional water restoration contractors with specialized, high-capacity drying equipment can shorten drying times considerably.
Keywords: Water damage, water damage repair monterey, water removal