Party in the Library 2017 – Catalyze!
Party In the Library brings together business and community leaders to support the Hartnell College Foundation. Party In the Library helps our students be the best and brightest they can be. Party In the Library features a spectacular strolling dinner, lively auction, fantastic wines, specialty martinis, and dancing into the night.
Hartnell College Foundation Leadership Award presented to Bob Martin and Cathy Schlumbrecht
Hartnell College students — they are tomorrow’s leaders; more than half of whom are the first in their family to attend college, and 65% of them are currently living at or below the poverty level and they need your generous support to reach their goals!
Saturday, May 13, 2017 ~ 5:30 – 10:30 p.m.
Hartnell College Library, 411 Central Avenue, Salinas, California
The Hartnell College Foundation is an independent, nonprofit corporation organized by community-spirited citizens to support and benefit the Hartnell Community College District. The Hartnell College Foundation Board of Directors is made up of volunteer leaders from the Salinas Valley community.
GREAT REASONS TO SPONSOR THE HARTNELL COLLEGE
FOUNDATION PARTY IN THE LIBRARY
An investment of $1 at the Party in the Library
will be leveraged into $10 for Hartnell College students!
Hartnell College Accomplishments and Impact
- #1 in percentage of underrepresented minority transfers to the University of California
- Home to one of only nine national NASA Math & Aerospace Academy (MAA) program sites and the only one on the West Coast, serving over 3,000 K-12 students annually
- Over 100 students every year complete STEM research internships at prestigious regional laboratories every year
- CSin3 program presented with Innovation Award by the State of California
- Hartnell College Foundation provides over $653,000 in student scholarships and paid internships
- Over 6,000 K-12 students visit Hartnell’s Planetarium each year
- In 2016, Hartnell had its largest commencement to date awarding 963 associate degrees and 630 vocational certificates
In the Agriculture Industry
- The Agricultural Business and Technology Institute serves over 1,100 students annually
- The Ag Institute was created by the industry and for the industry to prepare skilled professionals for the dynamic California Agricultural Industry
- Over 250 industry members serve on career technical education advisory committees
- Ag Institute programs provide students with the skills necessary to succeed in the agricultural industry and, consequently, generate a strong return on investments by the community for the community
- Hartnell offers premier Food Safety education opportunities and the state’s first Food Safety Certificate program
- For two years in row, Monterey County Weekly recognized Hartnell’s Agricultural Business and Technology Institute as the “Best Local Ag Educator”
In the Nursing and Allied Health Industry
- Hartnell’s Nursing & Allied Health programs have over 30 partner sites that work with students to provide hands-on clinical training
- Registered Nurse and Licensed Vocational Nurse students’ passing rate of the state exam, NCLEX, is at an average of 91%