Fire restoration, boardup, smoke mitigation and much, PRS is the leading restoration contractor with state-of-the-art equipment and experience for all you property needs.
Don’t be scared this Halloween – Be safe!
Candle safety tips
Candles may be pretty to look at but they are a cause of home fires — and home fire deaths. Remember, a candle is an open flame, which means that it can easily ignite anything that can burn.
Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.
Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles.
If you do burn candles, make sure that you…
- Use candle holders that are sturdy, and won’t tip over easily.
- Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface.
- Light candles carefully. Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container.
- Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home.
- Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.
Halloween by the numbers
- Decorations were the item first ignited in an estimated average of 900 reported home structure fires per year.
- Nearly half of decoration fires in homes occurred because the decorations were too close to a heat source.
- These fires caused an estimated average of one civilian death, 41 civilian injuries and $13 million in direct property damage per year.
- Forty-one percent of these incidents were started by candles; one-fifth began in the living room, family room, or den.
Source: NFPA Fire Analysis & Research Division (During the five-year-period of 2006-2010)
Property Restoration Services wishes you and your loved ones a very Happy and SAFE Halloween. Every year, we are called out to homes and businesses that have incurred fire damage from unattended candles, pumpkins, decorations and more. Please stay safe this Halloween and contact us with any questions or if you would like more ways to be fire safe this year.
Proudly serving Monterey, Salinas, Pacific Grove, Carmel, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Pebble Beach, Seaside, Sand City, Marina, Watsonville, Santa Cruz, Castroville, Prunedale, Hollister and much more.
- About Us
- Carpet Cleaning
- Construction & Services
- Public Works
- Thank you – water damage
- Thank You!
- Water damage
- River Fire Update August 17, 2020
- Sharing some local love for the restaurant industry May 6, 2020
- Mandatory Face Covering Ordered for Monterey County April 29, 2020
- Serving San Luis Obispo County May 29, 2018
- PRS for all your property Disasters and Dreams April 30, 2018
Proudly Serving California & Texas
PRS Restore, Repair, Remodel and Construction services is available throughout California & Texas. As a Disabled Veteran Owned Business, PRS offers restoration, repair, remodel and Construction services to residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural industries. Contact us today at 831.375.4777 or 713.906.0909.